Thursday, July 5, 2012

This Can't Be Happening

I am typing this from my iPhone as Justin drives us BACK to MedVet in Ohio, so please forgive typos and formatting. Yes, you heard me correctly. Dr. Ellis wasn't at Animal Care Clinic today, and Dr. Lilly waited until 4:45 p.m. (I dropped Lexie off at 8:00 a.m.) to tell me that Lexie's incision needs to be re-opened in order to be repaired, and she basically refuses to do that because of what happened the last time Lou had surgery there. Therefore, the only option I was given was to drive Lexie back to Ohio so they can perform another surgery tomorrow. Another surgery, plus I'm predicting another weekend stay at MedVet equals another huge bill for me. Why is this happening?!??? And no, I'm not asking for any more donations. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I will figure something out. I'm just venting because I'm so incredibly frustrated and upset, which may be the understatement of the year.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness courtney, I am so sorry. It has to get better. I am praying for all of you.

    Winston is doing good, just hates the cone around his head.

    God luck.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just be thankful they gave him a cone. I actually asked the vet tech for one and was told, "We generally don't think they need them. Besides, it will make it harder for her to get around the house." Believe me, I will be bringing this up when we're discussing how much it costs to repair Lou's busted stitches.

      Delete