Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Not a Word

Dr. Sawyer told me last night that Dr. Kennedy would call me before Lexie's surgery today to discuss the cost of the surgery, which may or may not include a mastectomy, as I still haven't decided whether or not I can afford it.  I have waited ALL day today, yet I have not received a single phone call from anyone at MedVet.

I finally decided to call them just before 2:00 p.m. I was transferred to a surgical tech, who told me that Lexie had not yet undergone surgery due to the fact that they had a couple of emergency surgeries this morning.  That is completely understandable, and I was not upset at all by the fact that she hadn't had her surgery yet.  I explained to the woman on the phone that Dr. Kennedy was supposed to call me before Lou's surgery, so I was just calling to find out what was going on since I hadn't heard from him yet.  She told me that Lexie would probably have her surgery in about an hour, and she said someone would call me beforehand.

That was two and a half hours ago.  I'm about to start taking bets on whether or not Lexie actually has surgery today... 


  1. Let us know if they do the surgery today. I don't think you should have to pay for aftercare. Like someone else said, "that's why the initial procedure cost so much. They should not have sent her home so soon after such an intense surgery. Our dog had a $6K spinal surgery but all of the follow up visits were free. His stitches didn't pull out either!! I feel you are being taken advantage of. If you can't stand up to them then bring someone with you that can. I hope this works out for you and Lexi! My Dobie is my life!!! I feel so bad for her.

    1. She is in surgery as I type this. I finally struck a deal with them. See my latest blog post. :)

      Thank you so much for your words of encouragement!